Founded in 2001 by Jessica Seinfeld, GOOD+ Foundation (formerly Baby Buggy) is a nonprofit organization that partners with a national network of leading programs to break the cycle of family poverty through the power of donated children’s products and life-changing family services. GOOD+ Foundation makes product grants to programs that have demonstrated a capacity to improve family economic security. The organization’s main office is in the Garment District of NYC, with a smaller office in LA. In 2018, GOOD+ will raise approximately $3MM in financial donations and $6MM in product donations.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and AVP of National Fundraising, the Foundation Giving Manager works to cultivate and manage the organization’s existing foundation grants, as well as research and solicit new and prospective grants. The Development Manager is a crucial part of the overall Development team, helping to foster its growth and sustainability. The portfolio is currently approximately $550k, but there is tremendous growth potential. This is a great opportunity for a development professional to own and grow a key portfolio for GOOD+.
- Create, develop and implement an overall strategy for foundation giving for GOOD+.
- Oversee all foundation prospecting, stewardship and solicitation.
- Maintain, monitor and track all secured, pending and projected grants , detailing deadlines, actions and relevant funder notes and communications.
- Organize meetings and site visits for existing and potential funders.
- Manage writing and submission of grant proposals, budgets and reports, with support from the Executive Director, VP of National Programs and Accountant.
- Work closely with the AVP of Development & Marketing to best represent our mission and programming in a manner that is consistent with our general marketing and communications messaging, campaigns and initiatives.
- Organize and manage all grant and donor documentation for annual audits including tax letters/thank you letters.
- Work with Volunteer Program Manager to “hand off” corporate foundations for engagement through volunteerism, highly monitoring and managing activity to ensure positive experience.
- Collaborate with AVP of Development & Marketing and VP of National Programs to develop and track relevant evaluation and impact data for donor communications.
- Report to the GOOD+ Foundation board of directors at quarterly meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree or comparable work experience, a plus
- Minimum of three years of relevant, progressively responsible development and grant writing experience
- A background of working with high-level donors is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to utilize program data to craft persuasive arguments
- Aptitude for research and data analysis
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Budgeting experience
- Knowledge and awareness of foundations that focus on social services, education and child and family welfare