The Executive Director of the Parkland College Foundation develops and implements comprehensive fundraising efforts to generate financial and material support for the college; conducts outreach efforts to encourage and nurture positive and long-lasting relationships between the college and alumni, community members, corporations and foundations; develops long-range fundraising goals and plans in conjunction with the college President and the Parkland College Foundation Board.
Reports to the college President on all matters relating to internal and external relationships and with regard to quality, quantity and timeliness of fundraising activities as outlined by the president or the executive committee of the Foundation Board; directly supervises the daily work product of the Foundation staff and establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with the Executive Team to insure coordination of college fundraising efforts; develops and receives input from advisory committees of volunteers as appropriate.
All applicants must submit:
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover letter
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, organizes and administers fundraising programs in support of the college's mission and goals.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits major gift prospects.
- Plans and implements activities associated with an annual fundraising campaign.
- Manages the prospect research process for the college.
- Coordinates the development and distribution of publications, videos and other promotional materials related to the fundraising process.
- Serves as the primary advocate for the college at friend and fundraising special events. Presents programs, speeches and informational items to groups and individuals on an ongoing basis. Serves as a highly visible liaison between the college and community or civic groups.
- In conjunction with the President of the Foundation, sets agenda for the Foundation meetings and oversees administrative processes to insure successful meetings.
- Organizes plans and conducts special events to enhance the name and reputation of the college.
- Develops and maintains volunteer groups which support and enhance the financial and programmatic health of the college.
- Educates employers on the need for financial support for Parkland College and provides support to employers interested in developing programs, such as matching gifts and gifts in kind.
- Develops procedures to insure the accurate and timely acknowledgment of gifts.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of systems which accurately record and distribute gifts according to approved accounting methodologies.
- Develops the annual budget for the Foundation; conducts long-range fundraising planning; proposes Foundation policies and practices; provides advice to Foundation members on fundraising strategies.
- Develops and implements a deferred giving process for the college.
- Perform personnel management functions in accordance with college policies and procedures and appropriate collective bargaining agreements, including oversight of personnel selection, training, and evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience, with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in fundraising and/or foundation activities.
- Must have the ability to obtain a bond.
- An in-depth knowledge of all facets of fundraising.
- Demonstrable skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with members of the community, business and industry, board of trustees, foundation board, college president, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrable skills in verbal and written communications and a successful history of mobilizing lay volunteers to enhance and advance the mission of the employer.
- Familiarity with computer based foundation management tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.