The Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, organizes, plans and executes the University’s fundraising program to secure philanthropic support from corporations and foundations. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, and working closely with administrative and academic leadership, the Director oversees the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate and foundation donors, and initiates, strengthens and manages strategic relationships with these philanthropic partners.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive and proactive development plan to raise corporate and foundation financial support.
- Manage an Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations who will also be tasked with expanding the University’s corporate and foundation relations portfolio.
- Establish and foster long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sector that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the University, its Schools, Colleges and programs.
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing corporate alliances and identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit six and seven figure philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the University.
- Analyze and recommend methods to match current interests of foundations with University priorities and faculty initiatives; work with administrators, deans, department heads and faculty to develop proposals; and maintain up-to-date information on corporate and foundation opportunities.
- Coordinate on- and off-campus visits between administrators and faculty with foundation and corporate representatives.
- Prepare briefings for senior administrators and faculty for meetings, travel and campus visits.
- Collaborate with development directors, administrators and others, as needed, on all foundation and corporate related funding requests.
- Direct the corporate and foundation acknowledgement process. Coordinate stewardship activities with appropriate University Advancement partners, as needed.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, build awareness of corporate and foundation funding opportunities to enhance the University’s grant-seeking activity.
- Supervise the Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations in strategy and in the submission of grant proposals.
- Identify key alumni within corporations/foundations and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships because of common interests.
- Advise faculty and administrators regarding corporate and foundation funding priorities and special requirements related to the development and presentation of proposals.
- Initiate opportunities for faculty, administrators, and deans to interact with corporate and foundation prospects and share corporate and foundation opportunities with university constituencies.
- Work with development directors and deans/faculty to initiate the cultivation/fundraising process with foundations and corporations.
- Along with the Associate Director, develop highly competitive proposals for corporate and foundation prospects and leverage diverse corporate and foundation goals and preferences in conjunction with university goals. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate and foundation representatives, creating moves management platforms.
- Maintain a high quality stewardship process for active corporate and foundation prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Serve as a key member of the comprehensive campaign for Montclair State University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques required.
- Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone, electronically and in person, with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrate ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- This position requires a high degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of entities and individuals to significantly increase the visibility of the University. Incumbent must be capable of conveying appropriate messages and representing the University to the corporate and foundation community to encourage and facilitate interest in and support of the University’s mission and goals. This position has a significant effect on the University’s ability to engage current and future donors in a meaningful way and is responsible for enhancing the University’s ability to identify, establish, create and maintain strong relationships with corporations and foundations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required; master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in securing corporate and foundation grants, major and planned gifts from individuals, preferably in higher education.
To apply online: https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1746/director%2c-corporate-and-foundation-relations/job