Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Coordinator, Leadership Giving to be responsible for coordinating the strategic functions of the Foundation’s leadership giving fundraising efforts, including the development and implementation of comprehensive prospect research, cultivation, and donor stewardship program that involves coordination of key communications and special events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership Giving Program Coordination:
- Assist Leadership Giving team in Prospect/Donor Management by helping Relationship Managers (RMs) keep portfolio data up to date in The Raiser’s Edge database to ensure the most strategic and efficient donor outreach, scheduling meetings with current and prospective donors, assisting in measuring teams productivity, and keeping clear documentation of relationship management processes.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement to manage comprehensive prospect research efforts and regularly scan membership pool to increase pipeline by identifying potential leadership and planned gift prospects.
- Prepare profiles for internal use and for Board Nominating Committees and help to prepare materials for key meetings for President and CEO and other leadership.
- Assist leadership in developing strategy sheets, correspondence, major gift proposals, presentations, and preparatory/support materials for key donor meetings and donor communication.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of major donors through oversight of acknowledgement letters, donor listings and other public recognition, profiles, sponsorship gifts, individualized stewardship, and other stewardship vehicles. Oversee compilation and mailing of annual Leadership Gift stewardship reports.
- Track designated revenue, individual leadership giving, Foundation Board, and Foundations budgets, ensuring accurate and efficient processes for budgeting and reforecasting.
- Attend and cultivate prospects at fundraising and other events, and determine and execute effective follow-up actions.
- Collaborate with Wolf Trap Foundation’s Special Events Team to plan, execute, and evaluate targeted leadership giving events, focusing on maximizing opportunities to engage prospects and donors in Wolf Trap’s mission and regularly analyzing success and outcomes of each event (approximately 5-10 per year). Identify and implement other opportunities to engage leadership giving donors and prospects.
- Identify, compile and distribute key guest information to yield maximum results for each event.
- Schedule and lead event debrief meetings and assist with all follow up strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years related experience
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular
- Familiarity and experience with The Raiser’s Edge database preferred
- Sensitivity to confidentiality and ethical considerations related to prospect and donor information
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, especially during the summer season
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts