Company Overview: The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) relentlessly pursues innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure. When the MMRF was founded in 1998, patients with multiple myeloma had little hope. There was very little research on the disease. The same drugs had been used for several decades, with no new innovations on the horizon. As a result, patients had a life expectancy of only 3 years. Since then, the MMRF’s urgent and revolutionary work with researchers, clinicians, and partners in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries has sparked new hope for patients and dramatically changed the treatment landscape.
Position Overview: The MGO will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects that are capable of giving in excess of $10,000. The MGO will develop and execute short and long-term strategies to secure major and planned gifts (value of $25K or more) in concert with MMRF leadership, Executive Committee members, event Development Team and volunteers. Major gift donors and prospects will be individuals, corporations and foundations. Primary responsibilities will be implemented through regular and frequent visits with constituents throughout the country.
- Prepare an annual development plan in consultation w/leadership with an emphasis on adding value to the overall organizational efforts.
- Oversee on the quality and quantity of special and major gift activity and aggressively identify and formally qualify new major and planned giving prospects
- Coordinate and facilitate activity in the region that will directly result in prospect identification,cultivation, engagement and successful solicitations, including advising MMRF management and volunteers on the culture, expectations and needs of the constituents.
- Ensure that prospects capable of major gifts are cultivated and solicited in an appropriate, and deliberate manner
- Identify, qualify, and manage a portfolio of approximately 200-250 prospects with capacity to make gifts of $10K and more with an emphasis on major gift prospects capable of making gifts of $25K or more
- Conduct at least 100 strategic moves with prospects and donors per year, and participate in a minimum of 20 solicitations per year to meet annual targets.
- Gather data, assess prospects, and develop strategies designed to realize the current and life- time giving potential of individual prospects.
- Provide strategic guidance and collaborate with Development staff to execute the MMRF Foundation Relations program, through identification, cultivation and submission of proposals.
- Recruit, cultivate and sustain volunteer relationships and community presence in support of mission
- Work closely with Planned Giving colleagues to close planned gifts to the foundation with an understanding of the principals and techniques associated with planned giving and financial and estate planning.
- Maintain and properly record data about prospects and donors utilizing Salesforce the company’s CRM solution.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with donors and continue to steward those donors over the life of their donations and beyond.
- Coordinate with researchers and marketing as well as development groups at leading research institutions include MMRC.
- Coordinate with patient advocacy personnel from pharmaceutical and related companies working in the Multiple Myeloma field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of development experience with at least 2 years of major gift experience.
- Experience in higher education preferred;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; strong organizational skills; detail and interpersonal skills; good presentation skills
- Familiarly with specified geographic territory preferred
- Previous experience in major gift fundraising and knowledge of planned giving.
- Demonstrated track record of financial development and/or sales productivity in a complex work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse array of personalities under pressure and deadlines.
- Frequent travel will be an essential part of this position, as well as participation in evening and weekend activities.
Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF)
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
This is a non-profit organization