Burke Rehabilitation Hospital – a recognized leader in rehabilitation medicine is seeking a Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations to work in partnership with the development team and with the VP of Marketing, Development and Communications to build and maintain effective relationships with national, regional and local foundations and corporations that result in funding and support for the Hospital. As a member of the development team, the director will be responsible for conducting a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage foundation proposals and corporate solicitations as well as cultivate donor relationships with the principals of family foundations, heads of corporations and selected board members.
- Manages the identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship of foundation and corporations and selected individuals.
- Keep accurate records including files, lists, and meetings notes in Raiser’s Edge as well as a timeline/calendar for submission deadlines, and progress reports/updates.
- Collaborates with hospital staff, administration and board members to unearth possible funding sources and assists clinical staff members in assembling grant materials and content.
- Interfaces with finance departments in the hospital to determine costs, projections and budgets needed for funding opportunities.
- Serves as Burke clearinghouse for foundation and corporate solicitation by tracking development and submission of such proposals by hospital physicians and clinical researchers.
- Submits 1-2 grant proposals per month.
- Takes a lead role in Development Department events and initiatives, including the Burke Award, Heels & Wheels, Wheel Chair Games and donor recognition and stewardship events.
- Responsible for soliciting $100,000 sponsorship minimally for the Burke Award.
- Attends offsite events, meetings and conferences as a representative of Burke with the aim of creating synergies with potential corporate and foundation supporters.
- Works directly with the Vice President to ensure that annual fundraising goals are met.
- Actively involves themselves in the Burke community to better understand the culture of the institution.
- BA or BS in a related field
- 5-10 years of experience working in a fund-raising career with a proven track record in solidifying relationships and securing funding.
- Must have a highly organized work style and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Must be able to be an outstanding representative of Burke and astute communicator in articulating Burke’s needs to the greater community
Your hard work and professionalism will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with benefits including:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Paid time off (sick, personal, vacation)
- Free on-site parking
- Proximity to downtown White Plains & public transportation
***Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Please visit Burke's career page to complete an online application and to submit a cover letter and resume.