The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 130 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
The Director, Marketing, Fundraising plays a key role in helping the Foundation to meet its Fundraising goals. You will use your experience and knowledge to set strategy, develop and oversee marketing campaigns in support of cross-departmental priorities, including grass roots marketing, event marketing, appeals and advocacy outreach. The primary responsibilities of this role include supporting foundation wide goals and generate strategic results driven marketing campaigns including: traditional marketing, digital marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, partnerships, SEO and SEM, and digital analytics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to set strategy and metrics in support of foundation wide fundraising goals
- Generate strategic marketing campaigns in support of brand and fundraising goals including mass market, local and grassroots efforts, estate planning, seasonal and annual appeals
- Oversee and reconcile revenue goals and budget
- Develop actionable recommendations that inform our marketing strategies by working with analytics, marketing, communications and other stakeholder teams to track, measure and analyze content and campaign performance
- Develop relationships with 3rd party partners and manage co-marketing opportunities tied to brand awareness and fundraising goals
- Track, measure and analyze content and campaign performance and develop actionable recommendations that inform our marketing strategies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates should have 6-10 years of professional experience in brand marketing, including traditional marketing, print, digital, social media marketing, email optimization, SEM, programmatic ads, direct mail, and remarketing
- Exposure and/or deep understanding of the fundraising landscape with special attention to digital fundraising
- Experience in e-commerce a plus
- Fluency in various social management and analytics tools such as Percolate, Radian6, Facebook Insights/Ads Platform and Adobe Analytics
- Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities; grace under fire a must with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Superlative, professional communication skills, excellent attention to detail, solution oriented
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.