Laboratory Operations Assistant
Are you a resourceful, diligent, and self-starting team player? Are you in search of an exciting and enriching entry-level role? Join us at The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF), where you can make an impact on the cutting-edge of personalized and precision medicine. The Laboratory Operations Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, supplies and inventory organization, and general support to the NYSCF Laboratory. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
- Performs general administrative tasks to assist the Laboratory Manager and Director, Project Management & Laboratory Operations, such as answering the phone, handling or referring inquiries, accepting deliveries, photocopying, filing, scanning, reconciling laboratory AMEX, providing occasional Receptionist relief, etc.
- Assists with preparing the laboratory for visitors, tours, and events.
- Communicates efficiently and professionally with NYSCF Laboratory Staff members regarding the inventory, stocking, and supply needs.
- Assists Laboratory Manager with laboratory purchase order and invoicing system, ensuring that receipt of orders is correctly documented and match original order.
LABORATORY INVENTORY & STOCKROOM ORGANIZATION
- Responsible for the NYSCF Laboratory Storage Stockroom.
- Updates and assists in maintaining the Laboratory Inventory database, including data entry and barcode creation.
- Monitors the freight elevator, acts as main point person for receiving all lab` deliveries.
- Utilizes the NYSCF Laboratory Quartzy ordering database, provides creative solutions for streamlining receiving processes.
- Ensures that supplies are immediately, neatly and efficiently stored.
- Manages inventory and working supplies in the laboratory, ensures that supplies are organized and labeled properly, assists Laboratory Manager with delegating tasks to the Laboratory Support Assistant, as needed.
- Proposes creative solutions to inventory management and organization.
- Assists with preparing shipments, including: creating FedEx labels, putting together shipment boxes, auditing manifests, and tracking shipments.
- Assists members of the Global Stem Cell Array and Laboratory Operations to accurately and efficiently deliver on Projects and Repository requests.
UNDERTAKES SPECIAL PROJECTS
- As assigned by the Director - Project Management & Laboratory Operations and/or Laboratory Manager.
- Previous administrative and inventory/stockroom experience.
- Laboratory experience is preferable but not required.
- Highly proficient in both Mac and PC computer platforms;
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills are required.
- Experience working with inventory databases is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and operate a pallet jack.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with equivalent experience required.